Thursday 11 July 2013

"Loving you" - About unconditional love... Sondheim

I have a few passions in life. One of them is the Musicals by Stephen Sonheim. One of the most suprising is called "Passion". Story was initially a strange film with Bernard Giraudeau a few years back, from Ettore Scola, Passione d'Amore. One of the most beautiful unconditional love songs ever wrote in my humble opinion...

"Loving you is not a choice, it's who I am.
Loving you is not a choice and not much reason to rejoice,
But it gives me purpose, gives me voice to say to the world:
This is why I live, you are why I live.

Loving you is why I do the things I do
Loving you is not in my control.
But loving you, I have a goal for what's left of my life...
I would live, and I would die for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment